Who we are
Our website address is: http://pulsedesignlabs.com.
Contract Agreement Terms
1. General Terms
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- We have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- Currency is in USD unless you live in Canada, in which case we will accept CAD (just a neighborly thing we do for fellow Canadians)
- Can be paid 100% upfront or 50% upfront and 50% after colour approval. (note that 50% of the payment is considered a deposit and is non-refundable)
- Do not send money until we have accepted to do your work. (We’ll ask at this point for the deposit payment.)
3. Process & Delivery
- The time it takes to finish your job varies between 1 week and 1 month depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the work, or other work taking priority. In any case you can expect a communication of why it’s taking longer.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full resolution production files you were promised. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on the request, we can arrange to have physical copies produced, but by default we are just providing digital assets. If you do want us to fulfill the print of a job, just ask!
- You get 2 rounds of revisions consisting of feedback up to 3 times on the job included in the price. Once at the ideation stage to confirm the initial art direction and once closer to the end to work on specific details.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final work (after the revisions)– unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the design you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is based on a billable hourly rate.
- If your instructions are unclear to start with, changes will come at an extra charge if clarification is not communicated.
5. Copyright and Usage
- I, Matt Jensen (the designer):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned work.
- I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned work.
- I will NOT profit further from the commissioned work unless you (the customer) break any of the terms, or an alternative arrangement is made for something like a lower price.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned work online, on social media, in my portfolio, as well as in my own publications such as books.
- You (the customer/client):
- You may upload the commissioned work on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned work by re-selling it on it’s own (as a purchaseable file).
- The work may NOT be used for something it was not designed for without prior consent (such as a book cover artwork being used for merchandise just as-is).
- You may NOT alter the commissioned work without my (the designer’s) consent.
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT use the commissioned work for commercial purposes if the invoice includes a “non-commercial discount”.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Claiming the work as your own
- Altering the work without my consent
- Commercial rights to the commissioned work are non-transferrable. (if the ownership of a business changes for example) If this is a concern you have at any point, please contact us and we can work something out.
6. Cancellations and Refund Policy
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the job.
- If for any reason we are unable to start your job at all, you will receive a full refund.
- The deposit is non-refundable as it holds your spot in our schedule and covers our cost to get started. It can only be refunded if for some reason we are unable to even start your job.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a PayPal chargeback. We will transfer the money back to you ourselves.
- If you request a PayPal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and we will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. We will decline the chargeback and supply PayPal with our conversations in which we talk about the work as evidence that we have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted from hiring us again.
What You Get
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the job there might be fewer or more drafts)
- The draft stage is where you are allowed to comment on composition and layout, as this is the hardest part of a design to change at the end.
- Insight and involvement in the final stage of the art direction (things like colour, font, and effects)
- Full-resolution file of final design and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG or JPEG (depending on your preference) as well as a PDF. (Editable PSD, AI, and INDD files available for an extra charge)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms to reach out to us will put you on our general mailing list and receive emails regarding any price deals or important news. By contacting us you are agreeing to this and we don’t hold you under any obligation to stay on the mailing list, you can simply unsubscribe at any time. We encourage staying on the mailing list since the emails are infrequent and almost always valuable.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your analytics data is tracked through Google analytics and adheres to their terms of service.
Who we share your data with
Nobody. It’s just us, we will never sell or share your data with anyone who isn’t under a confidentiality agreement. eg. if we hired a marketing expert to help us make the most of the information we have.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.